To flash an image using Telnet
This method will only work with a .img image file.
- Rename the image file to backup.img
- FTP the image file to the /tmp folder on the dreambox
- Telnet to your box and paste the following command:
cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp backup.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot
To telnet, click START > RUN and type Telnet ip.address.of.dreambox A command window will appear, enter username root and password dreambox.
To backup an image using Telnet
- Telnet to the box and paste the following command:
cat /dev/mtd/3 > /tmp/backup.img
- FTP to the box and navigate to the /tmp
- Here you will find the backup.img file.